[blag-whereto] Alpha ISO Availability

Abdur-Rahman Morgan arm at tearms.org
Wed May 12 21:32:43 UTC 2010

Good Day All,

Tomorrow, I expect to upload the Live Alpha ISO on blag.fsf.org. It's
just a preview of what came from the kickstarts that I created and I
hope it's the foundation we need to begin working on BLAG as a
community.  Today, I uploaded them to tearms which is on my home cable,
so feel free to download, but it may take a bit longer. There are 32 and
64-bit Live ISO's.

The LiveCD includes Alexandre Olivia's Freed-ora builds of the
linux-libre kernel, version 2.6.32.11-libre.99. Also by default selinux
has been disabled. Firefox is included as the default browser, but with
Koko putting time and energy into building it, I expect that it will be
in the final release. Presently, until we have a repo up and running,
the system will use Fedora for updates. I hope that for the beta we can
have this taken care of as well. GNOME, LXDE and Openbox are the choices
of desktop you have available after installing, please try all of them
and provide your feedback.

apt is included for those individuals that are used to it in Debian, but
synaptic is not present. I'll stop myself there. Enjoy it and please
spam the mailing list, forums and identi.ca account(from Gwibber which
is also included) with your feedback.

:-)

tearms

http://tearms.dyndns.org/blag/119000/en/iso/