[blag-whereto] BLAG 240000 Request Here

Jason Pappin jason at craftstream.com
Sun Jan 24 22:50:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Just to confirm we are on the latest 3.0.14 version of phpBB. It is the
latest stable version of the 3.0.* series.

3.1 is an improvement in functionality and overall use I must say but it
will break all themes and mods. The only mod we use is an anti-spam one.
We can get one of them for 3.1 no worries plus it is fairly decent by
default.

The issue is the theme. Whereas right now we have BLAGlight2, I can 100%
confirm it looks totally messed up with 3.1. We could if anyone wants to
create a 3.1 theme using the BLAGlight2 images but first off, we need to
establish how many use the theme and it is worth it.

I feel 3.1 has enough default themes under the GPL which we could adopt
and just switch a few images around.

https://www.phpbb.com/styles/

Have a think about it and let's discuss.

This probably isn't said enough but thanks to everyone who works on the
distro and keeps BLAG alive.