[Bristol-artivist] exhibiiton and collective issues

mantxo martinez mantxo at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 17:16:15 BST 2005

well, i was wondering what happened - Rowdy got in
charge of posting add for exhibition. this is
something that we decided in the last workshop, but
this was 2 weeks ago. We decided as deadline next
meeting... but there is only two weeks for it. This
concerns me because if we are so bad to meet
arrengements I wonder what efforts people are doing to
produce any art for the exhibiiton. I guess I won't be
the only one, but looking after my son, working and
doing other campaigning my time is very limmitted, so
if I am committing to something I need to have clarity
about the seriousness of it.
I guess as collective we have to rethink if that
deadline (14th may) is still alright...

Re the e-mail sent to me for the exhibition, I have to
say that I started the workshops because there was a
proposal at the Dissent network and we had done other
things togetehr before. I also suposse I'm the only
one directly linked to kebele in the collective, I
created the e-mail group, i made a poster.... However,
I want to say that I aim to work in collectivety,
sharing responsabilities, etc, without me holding any
'post' within the group and that as much as we can we
should use ythe monthly meetins for sharing those
tasks. I say this because the e-mail re the exhibition
was sent to me (no criticism) and because I feel I am
seen like this by many in the group and that some
responsabilities are not tackled.

It's up to us to decide what we want and some want
different things - it's just a matter of trying to do
things togethr and having respect for the collective -
sorry if I am a bit harsh (and sorry because some of
you are new and this may not be relevant to you).
Back to you
Martin

Martin Mantxo
14 Robertson Rd, Easton