[Bristol-artivist] state

sophie roumat sophie_roumat at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 27 08:33:40 BST 2005

What! -there's surely no need to stop the artivist group...

Martin, I was really dissappointed that we weren't able to make it to the last meeting. Bartivist is a really good idea and I think that it's important we continue with it. Maybe if we really emphasised to people that they should say beforehand if they can't come.

The meeting before that one was great...

Bye the way, are you, or anyone else thinking of going to the 'Mad Hatters Tea Party?' In case you didn't know, the Black Castle pub, near HTV studios, has appparently banned the wearing of hats (a woman in a beret was refused service). So, South Bristol Anarchists, I think it was them, have organised a party there at 5pm on Tuesday June 14th, and had invited everyone to wear hats and hoodies to the pub.
Link: http://bristol.indymedia.org/newswire/display/22980/index.php

See you on June 4th!

Sophie

mantxo martinez <mantxo at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi everyone:

Just to share feelings.

I expressed some before and here I go again.

I know some peole are having exams. We had apologies
from Carrie and Sophie and Gareth popped by to say
that he was working. Otherwise no-one else said
anything or dared to attend the meeting/workshop. We
had a new person and another one interested in the
'exhibition'.

At the current state: only one week for the 4th June
protest. Carrie and Sophie will bring materials to
make a huge banner. The proposal of painitng sounds
vague but somone my do something. Whatever the case, i
think these things need more organisation and not
turning up to meetings means the opossite. The idea of
the exhibition seems to fail too as last saturday was
also the deadline we decided for taking artwork...
(yes, the announcement was very confussing... we did
that bad too)

And then, it's only one month for the action in
Scotland.

My feeling is that as artists we have made some
stencils, but we have failed to have a presence
outside - and now it's too late.

Plus it's not the first time that I'm all by myself in
the workshop.

I will remind you that it's not just my
responsability, and however I have made sure I have
been there every month. I'm part of kebele but that's
all.

After seeing the level of comitment I guess there are
no intentions of continuing with such activities - I
don't even expect any replay (but that of those who
showed some commitment)

Another activity to be removed from the calendar...

Take care

Martin

Martin Mantxo
14 Robertson Rd, Easton