[Bristol-artivist] state

mantxo martinez mantxo at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 21:45:43 BST 2005

Nice postings Carrie and Sophie:
the thing is taht it's not the first time - the March
meeting/workshop was the same with only me and a new
person turning up... or you remember when you came for
first time that I was late and no-one else was
there... (att least it has been good to meet some
people - and some days (3?) have been very inspiring).
I feel prety much left with the responsability and I
don't mind if things are happenening, but everything
that we talk about is not (exhibition, street
stencils, murals... the workshop at Information for
Action was also to be organised collectivelly).
I am up for continueing but only if there is people
and people REALLY want to develop things and work
collectivelly. Otherwise I have plenty in my plate.

We'll see...
Black material: there may be some at kebele.... I'll
check for you (us)

(When is the Southmill exhibiition?)
(I can't make it on Tuesdays -I look after my son
until 6pm... sorry, Sophie, it sounds a great idea)
love
martin

http://bristol.indymedia.org/newswire/display/22980/index.php

> See you on June 4th!
>
> Sophie
>

> mantxo martinez <mantxo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> Just to share feelings.
>
> I expressed some before and here I go again.
>
> I know some peole are having exams. We had apologies
> from Carrie and Sophie and Gareth popped by to say
> that he was working. Otherwise no-one else said
> anything or dared to attend the meeting/workshop. We
> had a new person and another one interested in the
> 'exhibition'.
>
> At the current state: only one week for the 4th June
> protest. Carrie and Sophie will bring materials to
> make a huge banner. The proposal of painitng sounds
> vague but somone my do something. Whatever the case,
> think these things need more organisation and not
> turning up to meetings means the opossite. The idea
> of
> the exhibition seems to fail too as last saturday
> was
> also the deadline we decided for taking artwork...
> (yes, the announcement was very confussing... we did
> that bad too)
>
> And then, it's only one month for the action in
> Scotland.
>
> My feeling is that as artists we have made some
> stencils, but we have failed to have a presence
> outside - and now it's too late.
>
> Plus it's not the first time that I'm all by myself
> in
> the workshop.
>
> I will remind you that it's not just my
> responsability, and however I have made sure I have
> been there every month. I'm part of kebele but
> that's
> all.
>
> After seeing the level of comitment I guess there
> are
> no intentions of continuing with such activities - I
> don't even expect any replay (but that of those who
> showed some commitment)
>
> Another activity to be removed from the calendar...
>
> Take care
>
> Martin
>
> Martin Mantxo
> 14 Robertson Rd, Easton