[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Statement about Economics & RealDemocracy

Barry Fineberg barry at fineberg.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 16:00:02 BST 2009

Mark,

This is all good stuff and must develop. The separately expressed visions/aspirations (political, economic, social etc) cannot be mutually exclusive but must be essentially complementary, the key question being how to bring them together, in common focus.

Which refers to my prescriptive paradigm for a 'spatial order' through social mapping, the necessary frame of reference to which I allude, in which natural hierarchies of local sovereignty enable bringing seemingly disparate issues more manageably together in local public arenas - the wholistic perspective.

The hypothesis is unquestionably determinist, underpinning and overarching, but not of my invention. It is rooted instead in natural organisational principles increasingly obscured to the point now of invisibility by the greater, global scale of industrial/modernist institutional development. Its validation, rediscovery and readoption seems to me a necessary though practicable precondition for bringing coherence and good sense to this virtually disordered world.

Willll be out of circulation until late August when I shall look forward to more dialogue.

Cordially,

Barry Fineberg.