[Campaignforrealdemocracy] A resource based global democracy - Jacques Fresco

Sally Wood info at thepeoplespalace.org.uk
Mon Aug 10 11:20:27 BST 2009

Hi,

Just picking up some emails after a bit of a holiday from electronics.

Inspired to share this more widely following the suggestions made by Barry
about defining structure through social mapping. I mentioned the Venus
Project to a few of you after the last meeting. It is the work of Jacques
Fresco and is growing very rapidly into a global movement. Goes to show how
powerful a well designed, researched and presented alternative can be in
changing peoples perspectives. All so easy to get lost if you can¹t see a
way out of the fog.

Jacques Fresco:
³Industrial designer and social engineer, author, lecturer, futurist,
inventor who has worked as both designer and inventor in a wide range of
fields spanning from biomedical innovations to totally integrated social
systems.²

The Venus Project provides detailed reasoning through to implementation of
how we could live in a world without money. It is a broader look at how a
global democracy might work based on the mapping and sharing of real global
resources not money. If you read deeply into the mechanics and reasoning
behind this truly democratic model of a well functioning global community
you will find pure wisdom that might help when thinking about smaller scale
structure. It will take you through some really fundamental flaws of our
current system and may help to define the bigger picture of what needs to be
done / what we need to be focusing on more clearly.

Background and lots of links here:

http://www.heralddeparis.com/the-zeitgeist-movement-practical-advices-to-bui
ld-a-better-future/27800

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Venus_Project