[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Invite + Draft Agenda for 23rd July

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:18:32 BST 2009

Hi Everyone

Here is an invite for the 23rd July, our next CRD meeting for people to send
out to their networks.

Let me know if any of the wording is problematic - and feel free to edit for
ease of reference!

*CRD MEETING THURSDAY 23rd JULY*

The next CRD (Campaign for Real Democracy) meeting will be on the eve of
Thursday 23rd July, from 6.30pm for a 7pm start. It will be held in the
Guernica Tapestry round table space at the Whitechapel Gallery (77-82
 Whitechapel High St, E1 Aldgate East tube). For more info, see:
http://www.whitechapelgallery.org/exhibitions/the-bloomberg-commission-goshka-macuga-the-nature-of-the-beast

The purpose of CRD is to further develop our network of people to campaign
for a genuine, democratic society (meaning: one based on
inclusive, consensus based decision-making). Suggested items for the agenda
are: (1) short discussion to prepare a bullet point list of the various
obstacles to real democracy (2) info sharing about which local
campaigns need our support (3) considering prospect of a formal "localists'
union" (4) further discussion about possible demands for said union (in
particular regarding land tenure) (5) if time (ie. in pub/cafe afterwards
;-) ) further discussion about eg Land Value Taxation (LVT), concept of
clean slate/debt cancellation for 2012, making links with student and wider
work-place struggles and other important questions relating to political
economy and superstructure..

Please note, this meeting will be recorded as part of the Goshka Macuga's
one year long art project "The Nature of the Beast". One creative
proposal is that for each obstacle to real democracy identified, people are
invited to make a paper "brick" and so create a collage wall to
represent our collective response to the question posed.

Please let us know if you are planning to attend by emailing
crdlondon at gmail.com