[Campaignforrealdemocracy] We need a revolution in public life

jyoti jotybarker at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:05:40 BST 2009

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/may/20/speaker-martin-snobbery

We need a revolution in public life, halving the size of the lower house,
and directly electing the revising chamber – all by proportional
representation. We need transparent and contemporary disclosure of all
financial details – publish the income tax returns and all details of perks,
outside jobs and jollies. Party funding and election spending decisions must
be part and parcel of the reform. None of this can be done by the current
discredited House of Commons.