[Campaignforrealdemocracy] international link ups

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:06:33 GMT 2009

 fyi - this might be a great way to connect climate camp and the real
democracy agenda to the issues other communities face. james, others, what
do you think? harry is a friend very interested in refugee issues, and who
works for the bbc (and who also made this film
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jun/13/immigration.immigrationpolicy )

see below for more info

--------
hi harry

the community to community thing  worldwide is a great idea. what we're
doing here is calling for people to form real democracy cells in their
neighbourhoods, dedicated to making decisions democratically, inclusively
and then non-violently taking control of the area in whatever way they deem
appropriate. doing this under one banner would allows groups across London /
UK / worldwide to connect up. i think what you are talking about has great
potential as it makes the links between issues around climate,
refugee and how to build a really good, and globally supportive society.

please do pass on my details to any key activists you meet - we need a
global localism and a local globalism, right?

mark

hey - I will watch this, I know the cities of sanctuary people - interested