[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Next Picnic | Pls forward :-)

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:50:54 BST 2009

 *Democracy Picnic at Alexandra Palace Sunday 27th Sept*

Ladies and Gentlemen, on Sunday 27th September from 1pm, you are cordially
invited to join us in the grounds of Alexandra Palace, for the second in our
series of family friendly Big Democracy Picnics!

In support of real democracy and a shared freedom, this picnic will be an
opportunity to meet with other people of like mind, share food, connect,
discuss, create, debate and perform. And of course, to consider further how
best to campaign for a really democratic London (and elsewhere...) On the
day we (members of the Campaign for Real Democracy, CRD) will also be
showing support for local campaigns such as Haringey Solidarity (
www.haringey.org.uk) and, thanks to CRD member Sally Wood, The Peoples
Palace (www.thepeoplespalace.org.uk).

Bring veggie food to share, good vibes, poems, songs and ideas! Also, pls
bring / look out for the white flag / blank placards (to symbolise, a new
start, blank canvas or..)

*By car/bike:* look left from the cricket ground at the end of Nightingale
Lane (off Priory Rd) enter the Palace grounds near the cricket pitch and and
bear left along the small grass path for approx 200m! (We will be almost
opposite the rose window on the flat part at the very bottom of the hill.)
*By tube* - from Finsbury Park take the Wells Terrace exit, and then the W3
bus. Get off at Priory Rd and then walk to the top of Nightingale Lane,
**
*By train* - walk from Alexandra Palace mainline station, exiting left from
the platform stairs and left again out of the walkway. Through the white
gate immediately visible and along the tree lined path until you reach the
open green. Then walk towards approximately 10 o'clock across the grass
towards the trees at the bottom of the palace grounds. Not far.

*Map: *
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=alexandra+palace&ie=UTF8&start=0&ll=51.590883,-0.118103&spn=0.011918,0.042186&z=15

*If weather is very bad:* meet in the Palm Court next to The Phoenix pub, on
west side of the palace building. W3 to 'Alexandra Palace' or overground to
Alexandra Palace.

For more info, either on or before the day, call Sally on 07989 513 577
or Mark on 07854 390 408

*Longer Term Plan*

Our longer term plan is to initiate a series of picnics at high-points
around London, before heading to the City Hall (the Greater London Assembly)
for a theatrical picnic-festival, in May 2010. You can read about our last
 picnic at
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/project2012/browse_thread/thread/66a545441bab658a
or
look out for updates at www.peopleincommon.org