[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Local Democracy Consultation | Closes 2nd Oct

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:26:44 BST 2009

Thanks Maria for pointing this out -

LEP Launches Online Consultation on Supporting Local Democracy
Closes: 2 October 2009

Communities and Local Government (CLG) recently launched its consultation
document, Strengthening Local Democracy as part of the government’s efforts
to promote local democracy and increase citizen participation and
involvement in regional and local democratic structures. This consultation
builds on the government’s paper, Building Britain’s Future, originally
presented to Parliament in June 2009.

As the ‘hub’ for community empowerment in London, the London Civic Forum and
London Empowerment Partnership are keen to ensure that its members,
stakeholders and wider contacts are provided an opportunity to influence and
respond to this consultation. With London Civic Forum's new website- and the
'Shape Your City' website also up and running- we now have increased
capacity to engage with our members and stakeholders on this issue. To take
part in this consultation, or to find out further information:
http://www.shapeyourcity.org.uk/consultations/?dm_i=JD,1UQ0,1CN9K,63C9,1