[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Civil Liberties / Democracy Rally - Saturday Invitation

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:19:25 UTC 2010

 Dear Campaigners for Real Democracy

 *This Saturday | Peoples Assembly on Civil Liberties - Speakers Welcome*

This Saturday at 1pm the Democracy Village will continue to plan for the
Democracy Rally for October 9th, which we hope you will participate in. We
will also be discussing the state of civil liberties in the UK, including
democracy and the use of public space and the right to protest and freely
assemble.

For the rally we are looking for community groups to participate and
co-sponsor the rally (currently we have the Right to Work Campaign, A World
to Win and Justice not Vengeance on board) so please consider this. The
rally will take place in Trafalgar Square and we are planning a combination
of music, short talks, a Peoples Assembly* to showcase horizontal
decision making and more.

At the centre of our work is the campaign for real democracy via Peoples
Assemblies to be formed across the UK, and we are hoping that a number
of campaigns can come together under this one banner, perhaps in resistance
to the forthcoming government cuts to public services and the need to
build a real democracy, community based movement in response. Therefore, we
are keen to make our regular Saturday meeting into the London Real Democracy
meeting, another reason why we hope you should like to attend. Alternatively
we also meet on Mondays (from 5-8pm) at the London Action Resource Centre in
Whitechapel: email crdlondon at gmail.com for more info.

Please forward this invitation to your contacts, and if you know someone
involved in civil liberties work, please do invite them to attend. We hope
to see you on Saturday.

*Peoples Assembly on Civil Liberties - Speakers Welcome*
1pm Saturday August 28th
Victoria Tower Gardens - Westminster
Westminster / St James Park Tube
Map ref:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=242875860457998317&q=victoria+tower+gardens&gl=uk
Please bring food to share (unless you're fasting) and an umbrella.

We hope to arrange a makeshift wet weather cover for the Peoples Assembly,
alternatively we may move to the nearby Central Methodist Hall Basement
Cafe. Feel free to text or call on the day if you can't find us: 0785 439
0408

Cheers

Mark