[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: Meeting to set up London housing co-ops Wed 22nd Sept

James Holland james at dogmanet.org
Fri Aug 27 13:12:09 UTC 2010

Setting up housing co-ops is one of the most practical and direct things we
can do to take more control of our lives and continue the process of
building a better world - in the present it gives us supportive and secure
places from which to continue activism, means that there's no landlord to
frustrate all those energy efficency improvements or permaculture garden
dreams, and in the future (when mortgages etc are paid off) provides an even
more useful asset.

A group of us are interested in helping to get co-ops started in London and
have convened this meeting where people can find out more about what is
required and form into groups to actually go out there and do it. I say
groupS because in a place as big as London there will probably be people who
are interested in starting something in different geographical areas at
different timescales or in other different ways - so please don't be put off
if you think "nobody wants to live where i want to live" or "i'm interested,
but not quite yet"

Come along, and tell all your friends!

Wednesday 22nd September 7.30 - 9.30pm at the Seven Dials Club *42 Earlham
Street see http://www.sevendialsclub.com/contact/location-2/
*

--
Thanks

James

Join the Lewisham Anti Cuts Alliance
blog - http://lewishamanticutsalliance.wordpress.com/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=151507044863124<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/group.php?gid=151507044863124>

Follow Community Action Lewisham on Twitter ( CActionLewisham ) on Facebook
and blog - http://communityactionlewisham.wordpress.com/about/