[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [project2012] Re: AWTW, centralism and antisemitism

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 11 12:50:02 UTC 2010

Uri see Fiona's comments below aswell as mine.

As usual we cannot ignore Shakespeare, for surely it is HIS anti-semitism
via Shylock's words you are connecting with and then making an awfully big
assumption over!! People use words from art all the time so please don't
jump to such unwarranted conclusions

Folks, A World to Win are a good bunch and their politics are consistently
good. I know their core group well, and worked with them closely and to my
satisfaction in the past (2006) and have stayed in ongoing contact and
mutual support ever since. We set out the need for a Peoples Assembly based
revolution in 2006 and the present call out and sign up request is a natural
progression from that and all the work they're been doing since. Read their
excellent blog and website to see their politics and organisational skills
are good. They are the best people I know to help steward the revolution and
their work also appeals to non die hard activsts which is a great sign. They
are quite theoretical, but at the same time they get stuck in at demos.

About your concern regarding centralisation, perhaps their org will need
cracking open (as we all, if we hook in, find ways to fully democratise it)
but surely that is no reason to assume they are wrong. Rather that must be
something we need to bring to the 1st Peoples Assembly held under the call
out. So thank you for flagging it.

>From my side their commitment to "the democratisation of all spheres of
life" is enough and we just need to push that forward at each step to
ensure the real democracy / anarcho communist movement, when it actually
emerges from (potentially their endeavour) absolutely embodies the equality
that must come with such sentiments. But surely there is nothing at all
wrong with a *relatively* democratic group getting the movement ball
rolling, as long as we deal with the issue of centralisation at each stage
in the process?

Best practice will emerge in communities as long as worst practice and with
the web Trotsky becomes far less of a possibility as are all able to keep
tabs on what's being said by whom on whose behalf and then deal with it.
Suggest people sign up and help them help us get the show on the road - we
all have to be in it to win it, so lets unite over this and see what
happens. For in this time of extraordinary potential, I strongly believe
that even failure, with the right ideals in mind will seem as a huge step in
the right direction, and hardly catastrophic in sofar as it will show us how
to do it perfectly the next time.

"A Peoples Art is the Genesis of their Freedom"

Mark