[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Autonomous Peoples Assembly | Sunday 19th June London

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 12 10:56:37 UTC 2010

PS Uri et Al

Please also support this PA initiative (see below) including vote at
http://democracyvillage.org/?page_id=131
where you can add your support by way of simple on-line vote for the camp to
stay. Mike is there any way of making this vote box protected from multiple
vote-rigging?

Following Phoenix, I will do a call out tomorrow inshallah for people to *come
to the Square a week today for Saturday 19th Peoples Assembly Meeting
5pm*to help with formulating the square's revolutionary politics.
There are some
divisions in the Square which I believe can be resolved with a well
publicised in advance PA which gets to the bottom of certain, shall we
say 'constitutional' issues :-)

Love, Peace, War etc

Mark
  <http://democracyvillage.org/?page_id=131>
>From: phoenix <earthcircusnet at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Peoples Assembly/Democracy Village call out and update.

Peoples Assembly/Democracy Village call out and update.

Big call out going out to all the networks for experienced
activists,facilitators, networkers,community creators,skillsharers,people
with time to help build this movement for a better future.
The Debate on the future continues at Parliament Square.The Peace camp in
the center of London has been growing,
The latest update on the Legal situation is the next court case is to held
on Mon and Tues 14th /15th June with a third day of the hearing to be set as
the fri 18th or else a day or days in the next week or when the court has
time for a 3-5 day trial.
High Courts of Justice The Strand Holborn tube.Come and support.
The Judge at the last hearing said that The Mayor and the GLA did not any
have a specific power to remove the Camp.
This rests upon the legal fact that only the owner with clear title deed can
take someone to court.The GLA is not the owner,on paper it is the Queen and
the Crown estate,
This ancient place of the British people has been used for gatherings to
make laws and enshrines the Ancient Lore of Free Speech.Ref Gorsedd of Tot
Hill and Tot Hill fair.Google and wikki them.
This fri and every friday from 5 pm there will be poetry and song,from those
who gather in the circle.continuing the Ancient tradition of
song,storytelling bardery and Free Speech.That have been held on this
ancient spot since time Immemorial.
This Saturday 12th June at 5 pm and every Saturday there will be a Peoples
Assembly to focus the Discussion Forum on the Future that has been created
on the square over the last 6 weeks.Note that last year a call was put out
by many of the networks from Copenhagen (Activist,Indigenous and NGO )  for
Peoples Assemblies to be set up across the World to discuss the environment
and the future.We have just started to receive reports of similar events
being set up in other countries,more news as we get it.
The Democracy Village contains many individuals and groups that have have a
diversity of opinions ,but have a consensus on the aim for Peace and the
troops to be pulled out of Afghanistan.The issues which we campaign for are
diverse e.g. Peace, an end to the war in Afghanistan, Climate Justice, Civil
Liberties, Land Reform, Electoral Reform and much more. We are unified in
our desire for change.
Big call out going out to all the networks for experienced
activists,facilitators, networkers,community creators,skillsharers,techies,
gardeners,people with time to help build this movement for a better future.
The camp has continued despite some of the best efforts of the authorities
and some biased media.
on the whole the media coverage has been fairly good and been getting the
message out about Peace and the Troops being pulled out of Afghanistan.
There was an interesting fairly good article in the New York times two days
ago.We have already been covered by Times ,Telegraph,Sun
,Mail,Guardian,Evening Standard,Morning Star,Several International
papers,BBC, ITN,London Tonight,Channel 4,World Service,Al Jazeera, China Tv,
several Arabic news services,Reuters ,National news Agency Associated
Press,Press Association and many ,many more.
This all helps to accelelerate the debate on Peace and reconcilliation,and
how we can rebuild the Future Together.
There are many campaigns,marchs demos and actions that come through the
square regularly,come get involved.
There is a Candle Lit Vigil for those who have died in Conflict every
evening at 10 pm outside no.10 Downing Street.
There are morning and evening meetings at 10 am and 7pm.
Come and get involved :This is what Democracy looks like.
The Peoples Assembly a Discussion Forum on the Future is an idea whose time
has come.
As one of the villagers para phrased "you cant stop and idea"
Keep Networking.      democracyvillage at gmail.com
democracyvillage.org
democracyvillage.blogspot.com
democracyvillage face book

www.circlecommunity.org

> Deborah Phelan wrote:
>> Am i reading this correctly? That this post is not relevant in this
>> group?
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Mark Barrett
>> <marknbarrett at googlemail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Great initiative from AWTW, please distribute widely:
>>>
>>> *Build People's Assemblies*
>>> A World to Win urges communities to unite to defeat the attacks by the
>>> Conservative-Lib Dem coalition government on public services and living
>>> standards already under way.
>>>
>>> Tens of thousands of public and private sector workers will lose their
>>> jobs
>>> and local communities be deprived of vital services unless we come
>>> together
>>> to defeat the government.
>>>
>>> What Cameron and Clegg call the 'national interest' in reality means
>>> doing
>>> what's right by the bankers and speculators who are responsible for the
>>> global crisis in the first place.
>>>
>>> We should reject the spending cuts altogether. Financiers have already
>>> had
>>> their pound of flesh, with taxpayers' bailing out the banks when they
>>> collapsed after running up enormous debts.
>>>
>>> The greatest economic and financial crisis since the 1930s is the
>>> responsibility of capitalist corporations and bankers. They have
>>> forfeited
>>> the right to run the world.
>>>
>>> Parliament won't defend us and New Labour is equally responsible for
>>> the
>>> disaster. So A World to Win suggests that we create a network of