[Campaignforrealdemocracy] PAs/ NCIA Fwd: Coalition Assembly meeting - 25th March

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:58:09 UTC 2010

Whatever the situation with PAs, in Hackney or elsewhere I think we should
go ahead on the basis that PAs need to be called for, so we are calling for
them and providing fliers for people who don't have the time to make their
own. How people choose to respond is then up to them. Going to meetings like
the one below, and the Nottingham meeting March 27th to promote the idea
would, presumably then be the next step..

      <http://t.ymlp90.com/jwsagamswazauymqafajhm/click.php>
  *It’s about power, stupid!*
 *Plenty of opportunities to make your mark on our new bloggy-friendly
website*
  <http://t.ymlp90.com/jwuafamswavauymqacajhm/click.php>*
www.independentaction.net<http://t.ymlp90.com/jwuafamswavauymqacajhm/click.php>
*
 * *
*NCIA Assembly – Thursday 25th March*
*1pm-4.30pm*
* *
*Supporting Community Groups and Community Action*
* *
One of our main priorities for this coming year is to find ways defending
and promoting the role and importance of community groups and community
action. As we enter the period in which savage cuts are to be made to public
expenditure and public services (whoever wins the election), this part of
voluntary action, already marginalised, will find itself under increasing
pressure and even less likely to be able to attract support. We need to
discuss how this situation is going to impact on local communities and what
we can do about it – both in our own work and by pushing others to act too.

This meeting will provide us with a chance to talk all this through. We hope
it will give some direction to the Coalition’s work over the next year and
provide you with a chance to talk to allies about tactics and strategies.

We will be especially pleased if you could think of other people – activists
or others who are involved in community action – to invite to the meeting so
that we can use the opportunity to extend our network. Remember that the way
in which we agreed to expand the Coalition Assembly is by existing members
inviting new people who share our perspectives.

The meeting will take place at *Canterbury Hall, 12-18 Cartwright Gdns. **
London** WC1H 9EF. *This is very close to Euston and King’s Cross Stations.
Please note this is *not* the venue advertised in my previous email as we
had to switch the location.

We can help you with travel costs if this will make the difference to
whether you can come (but *please* book cheap tickets in advance)

Hope to see loads of you there!

With good wishes,

Andy Benson