[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Parliament Square Occupied - Free University open

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 10 23:37:48 UTC 2010

   Parliament Square Occupied - Free University open
http://london.indymedia.org/articles/5984

[image: Icon_article] [image: Star-blue1] Published: November 10, 2010 20:34
 by *booksnotborders *| Share <http://london.indymedia.org/articles/5984>
*Tagged as:* cuts <http://london.indymedia.org/about/cuts>
free_spaces<http://london.indymedia.org/about/free_spaces>
 social_struggles <http://london.indymedia.org/about/social_struggles>
solidarity <http://london.indymedia.org/about/solidarity>
*Neighbourhoods*: action <http://london.indymedia.org/in/action>
education<http://london.indymedia.org/in/education>
 london <http://london.indymedia.org/in/london>
occupation<http://london.indymedia.org/in/occupation>
 students <http://london.indymedia.org/in/students>

Education Camp occupies Parliament Square and opens free university.  If
you're tired of shouting slogans and want to be part of the alternatives,
come to Parliament Square.

As the dust settles on the chaos across central London, a new university has
emerged: a free university in Parliament Square.  The space was peacefully
occupied by an autonomous group of students called Education Camp.  Their
intention is to hold the space for a period of time to facilitate free
public lectures and open discussion about proactive alternatives for higher
education.  New students and professors are welcome.

Currently there is free movement of students on and off the campus.  Already
some professors are planning lectures for tomorrow.  Help is needed tonight
to hold the space through peaceful means.  The university has asked people
donate warm blankets and hot food to keep the resistance going, and for more
students to participate in peacefully holding this space.

Decisions are being made by consensus and the group is non-hierarchical.
 The group is respectful of the space, intends to maintain it but also use
it for a socially valuable activity - free higher education.

For more information call 07904 351392 or 07500 005838 or visit the new
campus.

"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is there no
man speaketh as we speak in the street.”