[Campaignforrealdemocracy] [Dem-Village] Fwd: EU vs Democracy?

Brian Orr orrbrian at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:27:54 UTC 2010

James,

There are undoubtedly a lot of speculators interested in making
millions. There are many more investors with loads of dosh in total
on which they want the best, least risky return.

If you were a fund-manager with a reputation for being really safe but
offering only a modest return on investments but getting
loads of investors of the more cautious kind because they believed
their money was safe, wouldn't you be thinking of selling
any Portuguese sovereign bonds you held on your investors behalf?

Sure, there are some red braces whizz-kids who start the panic rushes
- but the other 'greedy bastards' and private pension holders
have little choice but to follow suit.

One of the many inbuilt contradictions in the market Marx pointed out?

Brian Orr