[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Latest Threat to Free Assembly in Westminster

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 15 22:01:05 UTC 2010

      It appears that senior MPs are planning legislation to evict all
Westminster pavement protestors (see below). Presumably
another thing to discuss at tomorrow Sat's Democracy Village Assembly,
from around 1pm in Victoria Tower Gardens, adjacent to the House of
Lords.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/politics/article-23887916-pavement-protesters-outside-parliament-will-be-outlawed.do
Parliament squatters' protest camp will be outlawed
"It raises the prospect of Mr Haw, who has been camped at the square
since 1991, being removed. But police sources think crowds could move
into the square to resist any attempt to evict Mr Haw, who has become
a figurehead for some peace protesters."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23888192-new-laws-wont-move-us-out-of-parliament-square-say-protesters.do
New laws won’t move us out of Parliament Square, say protesters

"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is there no
man speaketh as we speak in the street.”