[Campaignforrealdemocracy] [Dem-Village] Latest Threat to Brian, Maria & Co

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 17 17:53:48 UTC 2010

As things stand, no problem legally for Brian or Maria's camp; Brian because
he is has been found to be exempt as he was in place before its terms came
into force, Maria because she has obtained authorisation under its
framework. Later, however if legislation that enacts their removal gets
passed they could be 100% vulnerable. Main problem is called "Parliamentary
Sovereignty" which means they can bring in any law they like and the Courts
and Police will enforce it. There is no higher law in this land and
Parliament cannot bind itself into the future, so even previously enacted
Human Rights legislation will be circumvented if the new legilsation is
drafted skilfully enough. New law may of course be in contradiction with EU
Human Rights legislation to which we (the UK) are signatories, but again it
is not binding. Since the 1649 - 1688 settlement Parliament has been
Sovereign and that, without a new settlement in place, eg a written
constitution accepted by courts and people as of a "meta" nature, as some of
us advocate ( eg http://www.peopleincommon.org/archive/C421.html and
http://www.aworldtowin.net/about/Rights21C.html ) so as to protect
fundamental principles and redirect society as a whole, is where things
stand today. The EU can rap the UK Gov on its knuckles, for Human Rights
infringments as it does from time to time but its views (in contrast with,
say the US Constitiutional Court, which regularly strikes out Federal and
state -made laws as unconstitutional) are not biding on the sovereign Brit
Parliament. Hence the need for us to struggle to change that!

In the meantime of course we need to stop unjust laws coming into place, and
when they do strive to make them unworkable. If they attempt to bring in a
law to evict B and M we can lobby, and do direct actions to stop it and i it
comes in we must mobilise to prevent the eviction, in numbers (let us hope
the police prediction, in this case is right!)

In solidarity for a new constitution which protects all of us, here in the
UK, Europe and even world-wide, and all of nature; and which also directs
us, non-coercively towards a community focused, democratic political economy
and the reigning in of all states and global capital!

Mark