[Campaignforrealdemocracy] 'Boiling Frogs' Details

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:37:05 UTC 2010

    Here is the (free) post show discussions info link for the current
London performances of the new play about civil liberties, Boiling Frogs.
All the talks are free, even if you didn't come to the show and, apart from
the 1st one as I understand it they all start around 9pm. Please circulate
this info
http://boilingfrogslondon.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/boiling-frogs-post-show-talks/

The first three talks are as follows, but fuller info on these, and all the
other talks are set out at the above link
**
*Sunday 19th September (4.30pm) Steve Crawshaw, Proving the Sceptics Wrong:
How the world can change more than the sceptics ever dreamed*

*Tuesday 21st September – Picnics, Protests and the Coalition (with Henry
Porter and Mark Barrett)*

*Thursday 23rd – Nafeez Ahmed, Global System Failure and the Rise of the
Police State*

        <http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsmavamjqakawjujazahsy/click.php>
THE RULES OF THE GAME
HAVE CHANGED
 <http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsmavamjqakawjujazahsy/click.php>

The Factory's
*Boiling Frogs*
by Steven Bloomer

*3 weeks ONLY*
 <http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsjaoamjqarawjujaaahsy/click.php>

*14th Sept - 2nd Oct*

*CLICK HERE TO BOOK <http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsbadamjqaoawjujanahsy/click.php>
*
*(Tickets £8-£18 - Book early for £8 tickets)*
*Or call the Box Office on 020 7407 0234*
*
*

 *The first* *full length new play to be developed, workshopped*
*and produced by The Factory.*
*
*
  *"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression."*
*Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19*
*
*
*Inspired by the picnic protests held in Parliament Sqaure between
2005-2007, the action unfolds against a background of ongoing natural
disasters, public riots and the introduction of capital punishment for
terrorists.*
*
*
*Boiling Frogs pits a small group of imaginative citizens against the state
as, armed only with fancy dress, blank banners, and a keen eye for
semantics, they attempt to reclaim freedom of speech for all.  *
*
*
* **Performed by a revolving cast of nine Factory actors, Boiling Frogs
continues to explore the company’s unique artistic ambitions whilst offering
audiences a brand new production with a completely different performance
guaranteed every single nigh**t..**.** *
 *
*
 *Written by Associate Member Steven Bloomer*
*Directed by Artistic Dire**ctor Alex Hassell*
*Set, props, costume and poster art designed and painted by the artist
Pochoir*

*POST SHOW EVENTS*
  To complement this production The Factory are excited to announce a series
of post-show events on liberty and legislation with some brilliant guest
speakers including:

Henry Porter, Mark Barrett, Champa Patel, Roger Smith, Dr Nafeez Ahmed and
Annie Machon.

A full line up with dates, times and topics is available on our
*facebook*<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhshafamjqagawjujacahsy/click.php> page
and on the web *here.*<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhswaaamjqaxawjujaiahsy/click.php>

Each event will last approx. half an hour. Entry is free, regardless of
attendance at that evening's performance.

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
    "The super cool company"
The Independent

"as unforgettable and moving as any theatre I've seen."
The Guardian

"Groundbreaking"
BBC Radio 3

"the most innovative, daring team producing regularly in London"
Spoonfed

"heart-in-the-mouth theatre, unbearably poignant, unrepeatable"
The Evening Standard

"what you're seeing is a never-to-be-repeated, unique moment of magic"
Time Out

*
*
*The Factory gratefully acknowledge the support of*

 <http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsqacamjqanawjujadahsy/click.php>

*Join The Factory On......*
<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhsyaaamjqavawjujarahsy/click.php>
<http://t.ymlp48.com/uhusapamjqadawjujaiahsy/click.php><http://t.ymlp48.com/uhuuaoamjqanawjujavahsy/click.php>