[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Influencing & Rattling the Coalition(s)

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:14:57 UTC 2010

Here is a return of the hands idea, remember how Election Meltdown
debated this in March and April for synchronised Peoples Assemblies at
local Town Halls..?
http://www.tuc.org.uk/theme/index.cfm?theme=alltogether (scroll to
bottom of page to see design)

One question, how to ensure the voice of the anti-cuts movement does
not get dominated by any one group?
See for example, TUC article today: "Unions will have to reach well
beyond our membership – which, at more than 6 million, makes us still
the country's biggest voluntary organisation by far – to secure a mass
impact. But no one else can play this central role, extending beyond
party politics and sectional interests to speak up for beleaguered
Britain as a whole."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/sep/14/forget-1979-unite-beleaguered-britain

What strategies can we employ to make sure the libertarians and
radicals, aswell as the big Union people get a voice?

Incidentally, here also is a recent report on the grovelling King:
King told delegates [of the TUC] that he sympathised with public anger
at being left with a deficit that was not of their making. "I am
surprised that it has not been expressed more deeply," he remarked.
"We let it slip," he told delegates in Manchester. "We that is, in the
financial sector, and as policymakers – not your members, nor the
businesses and organisations around the country which employs them."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/sep/15/spending-cuts-mervyn-king-tuc