[Campaignforrealdemocracy] This Fri / 15M International On-Line

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:54:07 UTC 2011

Dear Friends & Comrades

At the moment as revolutionaries we find ourselves in an interesting
position where, because of the global debt crisis, at the very same
time as a new European state is being debated a genuinely
non-sectarian, well organised anti/new-system mass movement has also
taken root in a number of region-states within the continent (Spain,
Portugal and Greece) and with cells, in varying degrees of development
across the rest of the continent and indeed overseas (notably now writ
large in Israel) too. In the UK however we find much of the campaign
work presently focused on the government's austerity programme, with
many activists being aware of what has been happening in Spain etc but
carrying on as normal in the leftist bubble, while the masses who
might actually join something of a similar spirit (to 15M) are mainly
ignorant of its very existence. In other countries we face other
difficulties.

How can we change this  ? How can we connect the revolutionary
struggle of Real/Direct Democracy Now and 15M (the Assemblies
movement) with UK and/or other politics worldwide?

Coming up are a number of 15M opportunities:

(1) Sep 17th is being discussed as a global day of action against
banks and financial institutions, in solidarity with actions being
organised in NYC and elsewhere, but also as a way of building up
towards:

(2) Oct8th - 15th Arrival in Brussels of the Marches of the Indignants
from across many points of Europe

(3) Oct 15th European / World Day of Action

There will be an English language international on-line meeting to
discuss preparations for these days, this Friday 5th August at 18:00
UK time. It has been called by the Internatiional Commission of Madrid
General Assembly and will be attended by activists from Spain,
Belgium, Greece, Israel, USA and many other places.

Please spread the word about this to everyone you know who might be
interested. Please post it on all relevant groups so we can have a
fighting chance!!

All the meeting details are set out below and also at
http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2011/07/international-on-line-meeting-fri-5th-august/

Love and Solidarity

Mark

international-on-line-meeting-fri-5th-august

The 15Oct is coming and it’s time to join and start plotting our plan…

So we (the international group of Madrid Assembly, in charge of
international coordination) call for a virtual meeting this Friday 5th
of August at:

18:00 (UK)
19:00 (Spain, Italy, Egypt, …)
20:00 (Greece, Israel, …)

In the chat of takethesquare:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=takethesquare&prompt=1

The agenda for the meeting is open to your ideas:
https://n-1.cc/pg/pages/view/580702

And here it goes a suggestion of rules to help us in our virtual
meeting (if you all agree):
https://n-1.cc/pg/pages/view/580775