[Campaignforrealdemocracy] CRD Adherence ? Fwd: Paris Program Proposal

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:48:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone at CRD

Pls find attached and below info about the Paris University meeting
Feb11-13th. I intend to go to the whole weekend meeting, and am also
proposing some stuff  to the event, about future mobilisations. Additionally
our PA working group wants to offer the University movement for "A New
Europe" [as with Network X and others] use of, and shared development rights
over the www.peoplesassemblies.org URL, basically to help build the
widest possible, bottom-up revolutionary network. .

My question here is this. As a network - specifically the Campaign for
Real Democracy network - can we please make a named adherence to the Uni
event and the Network X event in Manchester this weekend? Ideally, to
promote what we stand for and also to encourage the PA idea I'd really like
us to put ourselves forward, and specifically with the ideas set out at
https://groups.google.com/group/project2012/web/crd-principles?hl=en

What do people think ? And big objections? (I've also pasted the points to
the bottom of this mail in case you can't see them). In case you're
wondering, these are not a new set of ideas, I put to all of you sometime
back for your consideration, no-one disagreed and they got amended
accordingly so they are not just plucked from thin air.

Let me know what you think as soon as you can please.

Thanks

Mark

Dear all,

Attached you will find a program proposal for the Febuary Paris
meeting. This draft is the result of the collective discussion with
groups here in Paris and the Edu-Factory collective while trying to
take into account the numerous suggestions that have been circulating
on this and other lists.

This is by no means a final program. Please feel free to comment, add,
subtract or otherwise suggest changes as you may see fit.

Note that Saturday 12 afternoon is entirely dedicated to workshops and
we have procured the necessary spaces to accommodate any number of
proposals. Groups or individuals who would like to propose a workshop
are encouraged to send a short abstract that can be included in the
program. So far we already have 4 proposals, more details will come.

Logistically speaking, nearly all of the conference spaces have been
definitively confirmed and housing solutions are being put into place.
Again, it is very important that each group sends a mail to
info at edu-factory.org with the number of participants expectedif you
need lodging.

For any specifically local organizational questions, feel free to
write me at j.mcgimsey at gmail.com and I'll try to answer as soon as I
can.

Potentia et excedere,

<https://mail.google.com/group/project2012/web/real_democracy1.jpg?hl=en>

*Campaign for Real Democracy:*

**

Peoples Assemblies and the world we believe they can bring about ~

**

*VALUES*:

**

*Equality* – each person is able to speak and be listened to – there is no
elite platform
*Difference* – we learn from each other’s perspectives; we may disagree, but
we listen to one another respectfully and our views become refined through
the experience
*Solidarity* – we are together because we believe in the existence of a
common agenda. In spite of our differences, we pursue and find consensus
over ideas and shared actions
*Sharing* – we believe in a society in which sharing and co-operation
triumph over competition. We freely share food and other gifts at our
meetings
*Secularity and Spirituality* – we respect and are happy to learn from
different belief systems

*Ecology* – we believe in a new, really democratic society with a very
low/zero carbon footprint

*Self-determination* – we struggle for a new kind of freedom based on
community, nurturing, true individuality, and vice versa – “It takes a
village to bring up a child”

**

*DEMOCRATIC PROCESSES:*

(1) Peoples Assemblies make decisions horizontally

(2) Peoples Assemblies are interested to learn about, try out and embody new
democratic practices

**

*CORE AIMS:*

(1) *Real Democracy* – PAs should find ways to campaign for a really
ecological, democratic society at local, national and global levels
(2) *Decentralisation* – to bring this about, sovereignty should be vested
at the neighbourhood / community / workplace / study place level

(3)* Internationalism* – PA communities link up in solidarity and support
across the world
(4) *Ideals* – we are interested to bring about a world based on a
*Reclaimation
of the Commons, Truth, Peace, Sustainability, Justice and Compassion* above
all things and we are willing to fight *non-violently* to this end
(5) *Peoples Assembly movement* – to bring these aims about we are calling
for a movement based on the idea of Peoples Assemblies
*
IDEOLOGY:*

(1) local, democratic not private or state led provision of public services
(the real third way)
(2) really democratic, people powered globalisation, not capitalist or
state-led (the real third "world", or international) as a means in its end,
but also a way of forcing the nation states to work together for the good of
all

(3) a new appropriate political economy to match

For more information email crdlondon at gmail.com or text / call 0785 439 0408