[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [project2012] Beyond Resistance teach-in this Saturday

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:33:12 UTC 2011

Beyond Resistance Teach-in
Saturday 15 January
1.30-5pm
[register 1pm]

Room 416, Birkbeck College
University of London
Malet Street
London WC1E 7HX

Sponsored by A World to Win

Exploring with your help.

The nuts and bolts of the crisis
*       Why is capitalism in crisis and how bad is it?
*       What's this to do with rising tuition fees & spending cuts?
*       Can more taxation and regulation solve the crisis?
*       Is a 'green' economy the answer?

The state we're in
*       Does Parliamentary democracy have a future?
*       What new forms of democracy should we work towards?
*       And by the way - what is 'The State'?

The challenge of ideas
*       Can we make a revolution with ideas from capitalism?
*       How can education challenge the status quo?

Building People's Assemblies - action planning
*       How can we go beyond resistance in fighting the cuts?
*       Can People's Assemblies create a real democracy?