[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [Squares] International suppport action 23 July

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:35:09 UTC 2011

the following message is about international solidarity with this:
http://takethesquare.net/2011/07/07/the-march-of-the-outraged-will-arrive-in-madrid-on-23rd-july-from-over-20-cities/

If we are talking London (not sure if this is the right place for
that?) then if we can get the numbers (ie 200?) I'd suggest something
more press worthy / sensationalist, for example a democracy die on eg
westminster bridge (not dive in lol) or some other symbolically good /
press worthy place, followed by a public assembly either in / on
bridge or elsewhere having moved in peacefully to some other symbolic
place, so we can really start wideing our active base and start
bringing 15M to the attention of Londoners. Blocking a bridge is quite
impactful, and if the worst happens and we get kettled it's not a
demoralising waste of time at all especially if we come with food
provisions, share a democracy picnic, and of course have a real
assembly. This would definitely get coverage and we could do a really
good , flash mob style 'militant greek, spanish and uk democracy
activists are joining forces plan to disrupt london with spectacle
/sensation at high profile mystery location.. '  type press release
which could even create profile even before the event and would
definitely get journalists down...

Of course we need to think about realistic numbers but last week  a
simple London Die in on a busy London junction - aimed for cleaner air
 - got easy press coverage, see info at
http://www.demotiximages.com/news/755161/climate-rush-stop-london-traffic-during-pollution-protest

Anyway these are my thoughts about London, for me we need to start
thinking like this to build the movement in the UK in this kind of way
as we go towards 150 and personally I would be well up for this kind
of action!!!!

Love and solidarity

Mark

On 15 July 2011 10:58, Mikifus <mikifus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think we need propositions for this day. I think that a protest at the
> embassy or the consulate like the first weeks can be good, but maybe
someone
> has better ideas.
> Public assembly? Flyers? Performances?

*Come and Disuss / Plan this Sunday 17th July, International Assembly*

6pm-9pm trafalgar square
With comrades from greece, spain, uk and elsewhere ..
See www.peopleassemblies.org and help us spread the word!

Thanks to the Spanish 15M we are now building a movement for real democracy
& we are going to change the world !

:-)

*Message from Madrid *

Hi!!

In brief I'll tell you what we are planning to do that weekend for
international people that is coming

Saturday
14:00 We'll meet at a park where the people that is marching in one of
the columns will be, we'll have a lunch there and an open assembly to
put in common what is been done in the different countries, we know that
people from russia is coming, perhaps Belarus  italy, greece, and we'll
do a call so that anybody that is around here joins us.

21:00 aprox, During the afternoon the marches will arrive at Sol, there
we'll have a big assembly, where we'll share experiences, we'll have
there a time to do streaming with other cities, we know people from
Netherelands will be doing an event and we'll connect with them, with
ppl in London (Sara is it possible?), Athens?...

Sunday
Morning: There will be general discussion about what to do in
short-term, mid-term and long-term, and international people are invited
to participate directly (we'll be there to translate as much as we can
what are the discussions about)

Afternoon: There will be a big demostration taking place in the center
of Madrid

Monday:
A kind of social-forum will be held.
As international commission what we plan is:

10h-14h Talk about contents at a global level, we will invite people
from working groups that are working on global subjects (economy,
education, environment...)

16h: A coordination meeting with the people that is already organised
and those that want to get involved, but it will be more focused to 15
oct, global demands, things talked in Lisbon, next coordination meetings

Thats the idea, any suggestions are welcome, if you know people that
will be here please lets us know ;-)

best