[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [cominterm] Guardian Journalist Paul Lewis: Are police agent provocatuers being used to stoke the flames at Spanish protests?

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 22:25:12 UTC 2011

--------- Forwarded message ---------
The devious games of the Catalan authorites to rubbish the name of the
PEACEFUL INDIGNADOS ( http://tinyurl.com/5syt78g )

Guardian Journalist Paul Lewis has tweeted (
http://tinyurl.com/6f4splr ) the following a few hours ago:

  Are police agent provocatuers being used to stoke the flames at
Spanish protests?

Yesterday, news spread very quickly in internet world that all the
"violence" that happened at Parc Ciutadella looks like it was started by
 the police themselves, disguised as "agent provocatuers". A video was
doing the rounds, then mysteriously it went "private", it seems police
pressure was used. BUT, the net being what it is, meant that "that
vid" (quienes son los violentos ? Subt castellano de xartigas
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrR5m0xsVM>
 ) is doing the rounds again and appearing everywhere, still slowly, but
 its getting there, more and more and more. With it and its related
"evidence page" (
http://www.planetatortuga.com/noticias.item.3875/los-vi....html
 ) being now picked up by the Guardian journalist, perhaps the levels of
 indignation might even rise further when the Catalan public see what
"their" government / media / police are upto; a dirty malicious and
thoroughly sly attempt to dirty the good name of the INDIGNADOS or the
M-15 movement, who ARE STILL A PEACEFUL MOVEMENT.

Oh and did I mention the "lamentable error" by TELEMADRID? No? Its ok
now because they have "apologised" for putting up ultra violent images
from riots in Greece when talking about the goings on in barcelona...
(see links below)

Bollox, this is more of the set up we are seeing here to sway catalan
opinion away from supporting the INDIGNADOS.

A press statement was read out from the movement in regard to the
violence, which denounced the violence and declared that this is a
PEACEFUL MOVEMENT, at end is a rough translation of what was read out.

 Links:

J15-Catalan police used agent provocateurs in attempt to destroy M15
peaceful revolutionary movement
http://www.indymedia.ie/article/100013

quienes son los violentos ? Subt castellano de xartigas (That video,
well another copied version of it, stuck on some server somewhere)
quienes son los violentos ? Subt castellano de xartigas
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrR5m0xsVM>

Telemadrids "lamentable error"
Telemadrid y el 15M vid: Telemadrid y el 15M
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibir-3Y9ALQ>
Telemadrid: "La violencia en Grecia fue similar a la de Barcelona":
http://www.publico.es/televisionygente/382540/telemadri...elona

Roda de Premsa d’AcampadaBCN del 17/06/2011
http://acampadabcn.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/roda-de-pre...2010/

VID: Comunicado Indignados hechos Parlament Catalunya
Comunicado Indignados hechos Parlament Catalunya
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O75i04RNIP8>

(TRANSLATION)

First we want to apologize to all media in the call for change in this
press conference. Given the statements of Minister of Interior and the
Prime Minister which include angry accusations against Barcelona and the
 movement itself and because we work with democratic methods and
assembly, in a move that is wide and varied, we been forced to postpone
the announcement.

As everyone knows, we reject violence. As for events that do not fit the
 consensus of the movement occurred on the 15th, we are not represented
by these shares and therefore we are not responsible for them. If you
believe that politicians do not represent the isolated acts of these
people may not represent the entire group. It would be justice for the
thousands of people mobilized or not they feel identified with common
values ​​that we have been demonstrating together.

The objective of the mobilization by 14 and 15, supported by the 22
assembly districts of Barcelona and Catalonia over a hundred villages,
was arrested by anti-social budget cuts for 2011 of the Government of
Catalonia and denounced the decree known as Omnibus in law.

We have been accused of attacking democracy, when the cuts are an attack
 on the same show, with Parliament at the service of financial markets
and reducing social services for all citizens, when no party with
parliamentary representation, these measures included his electoral
program. So in order to have political legitimacy should be adopted by
referendum.

In addition, the activity of the Parliament undermines itself when it
seeks to endorse the discussion of the so-called Omnibus Act: an affront
 to democratic values ​​posed by Decree approving the amendment of 610
points on more than 80 previous laws and diverse the legitimacy of which
 is doubtful because even within the parameters of the current
democracy.

We are convinced that all the debate generated around the events of June
 15, are oversized in order to divert attention from what really affects
 people. A social movement with broad support from the public is
suffering an apparent attempt to be stigmatized by a political strategy
that aims to legitimize new forms of police repression against a citizen
 group that has shown to be strongly peaceful. So as not to criminalize
all the fans when there are incidents in a sporting event, or the entire
 political class against corruption, the fact that in this case apply a
different criterion, shows the falsity of this argument.

Also surprising the unusual union of all the parties and the seriousness
 of his accusations before the facts of 15j. The incidents,
theoretically caused by protesters, who did not cause any injuries among
 the members and workers, in contrast with the zero criticism of the
police action that caused dozens of injuries.

The stained shirts of a few politicians seem to weigh more than 40
injured, who joined the 147 injured, 27 May. What really scares
politicians is that they are opening up new methods of participation and
 decision, that call into question the legitimacy of the current
democratic system. This explains the desperate attempt of
criminalization of the movement, made desproporcionalitat deployment
strategy and ineffective policing.

We can not take responsibility for violent behavior promoted by the
precarious economic and social injustice that leaves work and cover
thousands of families. Only liability for those who have joined the
peace movement, creative, constructive and inclusive.

As the economy deteriorates further and the welfare state theory, the
more anger is generated. We can not be responsible, now or in the future
 of those who have joined the spirit inspired by the peaceful movement
for 15 million, just from the people is promoted in a way to channel
this discontent constructive and nonviolent. An example of this is that
despite the threatening statements by the President, the Assembly
decided not to hinder the departure of parliament in protest and moved
to St. James's Square by a peaceful sitting and singing the stake.

We are accused of violence when the state who paid for all institutions
use to advocating violence and announce that the use against us, even
when dealing with a peaceful movement. When you say they have a monopoly
 of violence that we are saying is that they are the ones who decide
what is violence and what is not.

That the evictions affect families already 270.00 and banks accumulate
empty flats is violence. It prolonged the working life and higher
incomes pay less is more violence. That the company distributed profits
and fired good employees is violence. Military spending is violence. The
 cuts in health and education are violent. The list is endless.

The errors of the device conducted by the Ministry of Interior seem
intentional, because they allowed Felip Puig get the desired picture
that tries to endorse the violent actions of 27m. Not understand why
they chose to use an entry with the highest concentration of
demonstrators to the parliament reached on foot, instead of the entrance
 to the zoo with the police vans, and ended up happening.

Finally we call a rally today, Friday 17 to 4 pm in the City Judiciary
in protest and support to fellow detainees that justice will at 5 pm. It
 also reported that yesterday the police of Parliament were detained and
 identified people who are in solidarity with the detainees. Again the
police were not identified and refused to do so at the request of a
lawyer.

This is only the beginning, we know that there is much to do. We walk
and work for the construction of more just and habitable worlds where
all fit.

Our next action is the mobilization of June 19, an international event
that has been supported by hundreds of cities around the world and in
the case of Barcelona have the support of more than 100 villages and 22
districts of the city. On the 19th call on society to take to the
streets to show our outrage at the many injustices and repeated
violation of our most basic rights to which we are submitting the
current political and economic system. The street is ours, not pay their
 crisis.

Who are the Violent ones (from "that vid): "protesters" standing in
doorways, later get police escort away from the heat

Guardian Journo: Are police agent provocatuers being used to stoke the
flames at Spanish protests?

AcampadaBCN press statement: WE ARE PEACEFUL AND STILL INDIGNANT

--
Apathy is Dead !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarider/5254770064/#/photos/solarider/5254770064/lightbox/