[Campaignforrealdemocracy] new from Coalition for Independent Action

Mark Wehrly mwehrly1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 12:54:53 UTC 2011

Help distribute our policy paper!

Hello Everyone
We now have the full version of our paper on privatisation and voluntary action
available to download on the website. Please help us get the message out there
by passing the blurb and weblinks below on to all of your networks.

Cheers!
Rachael, Melaina and Andy

Voluntary action under threat: what privatisation means for charities and
community groups

National Coalition for Independent Action (NCIA) is a network of individuals and
organisations who believe there is a need to defend independent voluntary and
community activity. Our new paper presents evidence about the dangers of
commissioning, localism and ‘big society,’ all part of the government’s
privatisation agenda.

·        Public service cuts are a political choice, not an inevitability.
·        Creating competitive markets in the voluntary sector through
commissioning damages services, users and staff and threatens independence.
·        ‘Localism’ and ‘big society’ plans will increase government control,
erode accountability and equality and make it more difficult for communities to
thrive.

Four page leaflet:
‘privatisation’ http://www.independentaction.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/privatisation-web.pdf

Four page leaflet: ‘big