[Campaignforrealdemocracy] London re: Artsagainstcuts weekend planning for March 12/13

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 08:56:40 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone

In addition to the note below, there is a proposal doing the rounds for a
Peoples Assembly Network meeting to be held, possibly in London unless there
are offers of venue elsehwhere in UK on Saturday April 9th, alongside next
weekend (see below) this is also for your diaries.

Cheers!

Mark

Autonomous, Real Democracy Campaigners and People's Assembly people should
get involved at this weekend. This is for planning the direct democracy and
the people's assembly occupations which will take over London on March 26.
be there!
** *THE MARCH WEEKEND* **

**

A weekend of new ideas, discussion and making in preparation for 26th March
TUC demo…

*Sat 12 – Sun 13 March 2011*
11am – 7pm
ULU, Malet St.

Following recent interventions and occupations at the Turner Prize, National
Gallery, British Museum and Sotheby’s auction house, Arts Against Cuts are
hosting a weekend of collaborative action and discussion focusing on the
upcoming 26th March demo. The event is a two-day collective exercise in
creative resistance against all public sector cuts. So far we are working
with a broad range of groups including; A.I.R, Artists of the Resistance,
Battle of Britain, BECTU, Coalition of Resistance, Feminist Fightback,
Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination, Precarious Workers Brigade,
Resist26.org, Space Hijackers, UKUncut, University of Strategic Optimism and
others.

We are looking for clear proposals from groups, organisations or individuals
that wish to run specific talks or workshops. Info we need:

-* content*
- *specific day and time *you are available (slots are between 12:30 – 2:00
// 3:00 – 6:00. Lunchtime sessions are available if appropriate)
- *duration* of talk/workshop
- *room requirements* (AV, making space)

Send concrete proposals to artsagainstcuts at gmail.com, however there will be
some open space available on the day for allocation in the opening meeting.

****DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: MIDDAY, MONDAY 7th MARCH****