[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Some more from Paris / Knowledge Liberation Front

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:44:42 UTC 2011

PRECARIOUSNESS – DEBT – WELFARE : TOWARDS COMMONFARE

The strongest questions were:
What is precariousness today?
How to think new forms of organization of this precariousness?
But also: how do we make network, how do we reach and how do we involve
people?
As well as: how do we research, expand and how do we touch different
struggles?

There is the necessity to re-think the concept of right as a
re-appropriation of the richness we all produce and we fight for; to create
new common institutions and to give some energy to the existing ones, far
away from the nineghteen century model. Students are a paradigm of a general
situation of precariousness. We all struggle against the market for autonomy
and we have to build starting from our struggles.

Struggle for:
- a universal basic income
- the free circulation of knowledge/people
- a global citizenship

But how do we ignite a process of production of common beyond the
differences of gender and race that edify the capitalistic valorization?
We have to organize differences – not to normalize them – and we have to
overdraw the hierarchical organization of society that usually translate
differences in values. We have to be inside the social rupture and struggle
inside the circulation of bodies, knowledge and political practices.

We all agree on one common week of action the 24th/26th of March 2011 with:
– new forms of strike
- new creative forms of occupation against financial institutions
- a common name (ex: U-STRIKE, We are your Crisis, Kafca…etc.)
- common symbols (ex: book blocks)
- common claims
- a paper of struggles
- a common website

Beside, some forms of organizations and actions have been suggested as
“people’s tribunals”, to map the kinds of precariousness in their concrete
ways and fight them ; permanent city assemblies, as a permanent left
structure, active not only during movements.

Join the discussions at https://we.riseup.net/klf