[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Barca Square Eviction Attempt Now

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 09:22:22 UTC 2011

Police are now attempting to evict the peaceful Barca Camp today, with
report of use of batons and plastic balls being fired. Apparently there is
livestream here but I can't see it on my work PC. Pretext for eviction,
Barca game tomorrow (live screening etc). Apparently many more protestors
are coming now to support the camp. Barca is an unrecognised epicentre of
the movement btw, we have at least one Campaign for Real Democracy /
Assemblies colleague based there ( we met in Paris at the 'For a New Europe'
Assembly in Feb 2011) and who played a part in co-convening the original
protests of M15..

Icidentally I have been uploading statements from Assemblies in the Spanish,
Portuguese and English Squares here www.peoplesassemblies.org and there is
also
www.takethesquare.net

Apparently livestream from Barca is here: www.tv3.cat/directes

It is a Right to Freely Associate & Organise ..

Stay Strong Barca !!

Mark