[Campaignforrealdemocracy] TMRW THURS / Reminder & Update - Oct 15th Planning Meeting

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:37:46 UTC 2011

  *Re:* *Building a Global Movement ..  *
**
*Reminder:* there will be an informal planning meeting, tomorrow Thursday
8th Sept to discuss the 15th October global day of action. Details are set
out below.

*Update:* an Oct15th statement has been prepared by some of us, which has
now been endorsed by the Madrid General Assembly. And we are hoping Noam
Chomsky, Vandana Shiva, Michael Hardt and many others (who endorsed a
similar message in the run up to the G20 earlier this year) and also other
mass assemblies will also put their names to it. A copy of the statement is
set out below.

*Calling All Global Justice Activists !* London Planning Meeting TMRW Thurs
8th October from 6.30pm at the Lucas Arms pub, on the Grays Inn Rd WC1X 8QY.
5mins walk from Kings Cross station, just opposite the NUJ building.
*Map:* http://g.co/maps/293u

*Info:* We are meeting is to discuss and plan for 15O in the UK and in
global context, plus potential collaboration dates / ideas for Nov/Dec.
Activists so far coming include commited people from Spanish 15M, UK student
movement, Egality Now, Globalise Resistance and the Peoples Assemblies
Network. Other London-based global democracy / trade / tax / eco justice
movements all welcome.

*Statement:* "On 15th October 2011, united in our diversity, united for
global
change, we demand global democracy: global governance by the people,
for the people.  Inspired by our sisters and brothers in Tunis, Cairo,
Bengazi, Daraa, Palestine-Israel, Spain and Greece, we too call for a
regime change: a global regime change. We will not come to global
institutions, hat in hand, begging for policy change. In the words of
Vandana Shiva, the Indian activist, today we demand replacing the G8
with the whole of humanity -  the G 7,000,000,000.

These are our global Mubarak, our global Assad, our global Gaddafi:
the IMF, the WTO, global markets, multinational banks, the G8\G20, the
European Central Bank, the UN Security Council, the World Bank, the
Basel Committee on bank regulations and other undemocratic
international institutions. Like Mubarak and Assad, these institutions
must not be allowed to run people’s lives without their consent.
We are all born equal, rich or poor, woman or man. Every African and
Asian is equal to every European and American. Our global institutions
must reflect this, or be overturned.

Today, like the Mexican Zapatistas, we say "Ya basta! Aqui el pueblo
manda y el gobierno obedece": Enough! Here the people command and
global institutions obey! Like the Spanish Tommalaplaza we say
"Democracia Real Ya": Real global democracy now!"
Today we call the citizens of the world: let us globalize Tahrir
Square! Let us globalise Puerta del Sol!"

*Video about Oct15th*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_MbNcIIcY&feature=player_embedded
*Global Call Out*
http://international.democraciarealya.es/2011/07/31/united-for-global-change-october-15th/