[Campaignforrealdemocracy] 9th Dec - Southwark Event

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:12:42 UTC 2012

Dear Everyone

Here is a message from Liliana regarding the event planned for 9th Dec.
This will be a great opportunity for Occupiers and all participation /
democracy-minded minded activists to get together and hopefully find ways
to support local Southwark issues aswell as meet campaigners from the
Democracy 2015 Occupy Law and Agreement of the People / AWTW groups. In
addition, there are plans for a follow on discussion (from around 5pm) on
possibilities for collaboration between the various groups locally in
Southwark in the new year and on towards the 2015 election.

Please spread the word about this event and note that Liliana is asking
people to express an interest in the meeting by email by this Friday Nov 30
so she can have an idea about numbers.

Many thanks

Mark

> *Our communities, our rights and other animals*
>
> In the first of a series of discussions, Peoples Republic of Southwark
> invite you to join us in an attempt to assess where we, Southwark
> residents, communities and workers are at both in the local and wider
> context.
>
> Caught in the perpetual, vicious circle of 'reacting' and 'fighting
> against' local government's inanities, national government malice and
> global destruction of everyone and everything, including the planet, it is
> difficult to step back, reflect and work on alternatives.
>
> First of the discussions, on Sunday 9th December, 2-5pm, will look at
> some of the recent alternative proposals, Community Bill of Rights<http://occupylawuk.org/>,
> Agreement of the People<http://www.aworldtowin.net/blog/marching-in-footsteps-of-levellers.html>
> and Democracy 2015 <http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/democracy2015/>.
> We hope to have people from each of the three projects introduce the ideas.
>
> We are in the process of booking a free venue in Camberwell, so it would
> be good if you would *RSVP by Friday 30**th** November* whether you would
> be able to attend, to give us an idea of numbers/most suitable venue (via
> info at peoplesrepublicofsouthwark.co.uk )

We will confirm the venue as soon as possible after 30th November.

> We hope to continue the discussion in the next year, with film screenings
> etc. If there is a specific topic you think should be discussed, please let
> us know so we can include it in our programme.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Liliana Dmitrovic
> Peoples Republic of Southwark<http://www.peoplesrepublicofsouthwark.co.uk>
>  <http://www.peoplesrepublicofsouthwark.co.uk>