[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Tonight Hackney Peoples Assembly Today! / General Info

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 16 12:16:08 UTC 2013

Dear All

Please see note below re tonight's Peoples Assembly in Hackney.

The 50/50 approach referred to below is a strategy some of us are employing
/ arguing for in the Peoples Assembly against Austerity. What we mean by it
is that we have 50% of meetings / events / discussions on the old format of
top table and possibly (depending on how top table runs meeting) questions
/ proposals / votes from floor and 50% on the participative horizontalist
model. Then we can showcase how it will work in practice, its attraction to
people interested in a new way of doing politics and so forth*