[Cja] [climate09-int] The Future of CJA ; dissolve or find a new course

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Tue Aug 24 18:38:09 UTC 2010

errggh, hang-on, what happened to climate change ? its pretty foolish to
think that the issue, problem has gone away !

its understanble that there is burn-out, but its foolish to shut-down
whatever networks where created just before the Cancun climate circus
starts-up

pass the baton, get out of the way, transfer ownership to new foci... but
dont dismantle, rest, nurture and prepare for Cancun

its gearing up for a late and hot summer/Fall of discontent and activist
networks are needed

as to uniting around a cause, forget values and words, we need radical
democracy

take the cue from systems change not climate change and return to a global
justice agenda

I am concerned klimaforum is too quiet ? is it working away behind the
scenes ? is it preparing a big tent on the scale of Copenhagen ?

I think the lesson of Klimaforum09 was that there needs to be something like
a climate social forum running in parallel

also, far more radical activist to grassroots activism

see Liberation Permaculture from oakland
http://permaculture.tv/liberation-permaculture-design-course/

or Tony Andersen from Klimaforum09
http://permaculture.tv/activist-to-grassroots/

I will try to post more of Tony's Klimaforum talk, more about Liberation
permaculture...

http://news.climatesocialforum.org/