[Cja] the great fix-it-or-nix-it-debate... Second assault from Spain XD

Patricia Manrique patrimanrique at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:18:17 UTC 2010

Jau compañerxs!
beyond irony, nostalgia, fatigue, disappointment, and more ... I think it would be interesting to keep, at least, CJA spirit alive (jojojo, not in a 'spiritual' new ager way, not me) with this list and small ongoing tasks. First of all, for example, this list must be a CJA list ONLY, not another "system change not climate change" list... So, in that case, we must define us, i mean, build and describe a clear MINIMUNS (y can't find a word: four or five ideas) about What CJA is. For example, I understand CJA as a network of autonomous and anti-capitalist activism against climate change ... I was at the meetings in Copenhaguen and i think that other proposals was different, less confrontative... a lot of "system change" in their speeches but little sense of struggle against capitalism... It's my opinion, of course. CJA
 heading, then a floating body so as now, showed me at Copenhaguen whom to approach and
 I would like to continue counting on it because we have a lot of
struggle, because this is a long distance race...
In Cantabria, Asturias and Basque Country (at the north of Spain), now we are fighting against TAV (TGV), a desarrollist project that is destroying our countries... There was a lot of (very) different initiatives which are fighting in differents ways... so, there was a "movement", like a mark, trade (i don´t Know the word) which implies some minimuns (for example, not support violence acts but of course yes to civil desobedience, of course) and if you want to make an action with de name of the moviment ("mugitu mugimendua"), -in our case, the network CJA-  you only have to respect the minimuns... It could be great have something like that for anticapitalist fight for climate justice in Europe... It could be interesting could be work locally "in the name of CJA", a way to give more vissibility to our local fights when it woukd be interesting for us. And we are not in a hurry because capitalism will take long :(
I know, I know, this "simple" proposal implies work: discussion, notes about the different opinions...Well, until now, I trust that someone of us (not me, certainly) was more motivated with coordination in CJA... So, it's very important to know who are willing to continue working if CJA continues.
Cancun at december, yes... but, we are living at Europe... What about G8 summit next spring??? North and south fights must be connected, and after cancun, comes Nice summit. And, of course,  probably autonomous people of the South will want european support in COP16 days, and a lot of activist wont be able to be at cancún (for lack of money for the plane and stuff like that) but we will want to make some noise here in Europe too... I think we will be sorry in the coming months if we decide dissolve CJA.
But it's very difficult for me read and write (and think) in english, so, probably I'm saying things that have already been discussed. In this case, sorry. My awfull english doesn't stop me for doing the Spanish translations of the Bonn minutes: i hope that it shows you that I am not just a 'talker' about CJA, that I'm really interested in this network... although it could show that the translations are in dangerous hands jojojo...
salud!
patricia

Diagonal, periódico quincenal de actualidad crítica
www.diagonalperiodico.net