[Cja] Skype Call Minutes

Ashley Renders renders.ashley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:39:40 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Reporting back on the lovely skype meeting we had last night: discussed were
last minute October 12 things that needed to be sorted out, as well as some
other post-October 12 issues that we hope to tackle once we finish with the
day of action.

We're hoping to have our next meeting sometime around October 18 to talk
about the growing list of things we want to address in the near future. A
doodle will be sent out in the next week to find a time that works for most
of us. The minutes from last night are copied below, including the list of
things we want to talk about next time. If you have any agenda items that
you would like to contribute to the next meeting just send them through the
CJA list in the next week or two.

Finally, if you have any info on actions happening for the Day of Action on
October 12 please send it to info at climate-justice-action.org.
Much appreciated!

-Ashley

*Minutes: CJA Skype Meeting, 30 September 2010*

* *

*Website*

CJA website url: http://www.climate-justice-action.org/

DOA url: http://global.climate-justice-action.org/ushahidi/

*CJA Website*

 There are still some outstanding passwords.

 CJA Website should be ready by this Sunday - themes and categories will be
new.

 Content still needs to be sorted. This isn’t the responsibility of the web
team.

 CK, AR, BR - happy to write some stuff, but doesn’t know what work needs to
be done.

*DOA Website*

 Hopefully will be able to be used for worldwide mapping of actions.

 Still needs some tech-work done on it.

 The information about this website has been passed on to the Latin American
compañer at s - Tony Phillips. http://www.cochabamba.org.ar/?page_id=794

 RSS Feeds, Twitter, Blogs can be added.

 We will need two things for this mapping to work - firstly, a hash-tag and
email address etc. for people to directly contribute to the DOA website.
Secondly, we need to have people actively ‘farming’ for information as it is
reported elsewhere.

 An ‘announcement’ of the website needs to be sent out everywhere! BR to put
together a draft. Ask people to send info to website. Ask for film and
photos. Include something about 1000 Cancuns.

 AR - Speaking to people at http://www.beyondtalk.net/ Will be looking at
how to get information share with us for the DOA website.

*Media/Materials*

 CK - Not done this work. It had been agreed that there wouldn’t be any
central media work, but that had been an agreement that would be a small
media pack to reference where the call came from. This will mostly be the
same content that goes up on the website, which can be packed and sent out
to people.

* *

*Funding*

 AR - We haven’t done any funding work recently!

 JG - Re: Paris meeting. There have been questions about whether we have any
money to help pay for a space. We will tell people that we can put some
money forward, but mostly needs to come from participants.

*Process*

 Need to open up more discussion on the email list.

 AR is doing some process work now. Could always do with more people!

*Newsletter*

 A newsletter, reporting on the Oct 12th stuff, to go out after the 12th.
All info to be posted here:
https://we.riseup.net/mobilisation-cja/oct-12th-actions-and-contacts

 Need to get as many short paragraph reports about actions as possible.

*What is happening on Oct 12th?*

 This information should all be posted here:
https://we.riseup.net/mobilisation-cja/oct-12th-actions-and-contacts

 North America are experiencing demobilisation, but there are still a lot of
people looking for how to act! There is a plan for a North American Skype
call planned about how to network NA, and about what.

* *

*Things we need to talk about in next Skype call*

 Get Crabgrass as a working platform for us.

 Work out the purpose/content of the Jan meeting of CJA.

 Discuss if, and how, we could engage with the CJN! meeting.

 1,000 Cancuns *- *What should we do? What can we do?

* *

*NEXT SKYPE CONFERENCE - DOODLE TO BE SENT TO LIST*