[Cja] response from via campesina to our questions regarding 1000 Cancuns

Tadzio Mueller tadziom at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 12:59:51 UTC 2010

hey all,
at our last meeting, we wondered a) whether la via campesina (LVC - i may be old-fashioned, but for me the abbreviation VC is still received for the VietCong ;-)) had any suggestions regarding actions we could take in support of their 1000 Cancuns-call; b) whether there was already something like a press-pack that we could use in our own media-work here. the answer i'm pasting below is from isabelle, whom we had extremely positive experiences working with in copenhagen.
best
tadzio

"- We don't have any particular suggestions but I guess that the best thing to do for activist groups would be to organise direct actions - or a people's assembly? We heard of someone organising a film festival on climate justice issues around Europe... all ideas are welcome.
- We haven't organised the networking yet but what we were planning to do is at least to post all the actions on our website (either the viacampesina.org website or the via campesina north american site, or both, depending on how we manange to organise this). I will probably be in Jakarta updating the website during that time so you can always send me and Jessica whatever you are doing.
Fergal is also imagining that we send video messages from various parts of the world, including Cancun. I am interested to work on this with whoever is interested.
- No press pack yet but the call with the programme (I am sending you the final version in 3 languages). There is an information pack here: http://www.viacampesinanorteamerica.org/