[Cja] 2011 International Climate Justice Action meeting

Julie Gorecki gorecki.julie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:51:33 UTC 2011

*CLIMATE JUSTICE ACTION *

*INTERNATIONAL MEETING *

*2011 *

Dear friends,

2010 was yet another year packed with global resistance to the causes of the
climate crisis. Actions, protests, events, conferences and counter summits
are among some of the examples of the tireless activism that took place last
year. Also, last December the United Nations Framework on Climate Change
(UNFCCC) or COP16 in Cancun unsurprisingly failed again. However it was met
with the voices of climate justice comrades in and outside of Cancun. Check
out *Climate Justice Action’s (CJA) 1000 Cancuns, COP 16 – The People’s
Report Backs I and II* for details on some of these actions at
http://www.climate-justice-action.org/

Even though it was busy year, it’s time for the climate justice movement to
come together and set an agenda for 2011.

*
*

*CJA is organizing an international meeting to discuss our shared struggles
and successes within the movement. This email is a request for individuals,
organizations, cities and countries to express what they would like to focus
on at this years international CJA meeting.*

* *

Please take time to reply to the following questions:

*1)   What is essential to you and your organizations climate justice agenda
right now? *

*2)   **Why should climate justice comrades come together for an
international meeting, and what should the focus of the CJA meeting be
about?***

* *

After we listen to your responses we will determine the date and exact
location of the meeting. We are hoping to gather in March.

In strengthened resistance and solidarity,

- CJA