[Cja] Organizing CJA international meeting

Julie Gorecki gorecki.julie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:07:11 UTC 2011

Hi Friends,

Just sent out the fully edited CJA International Meeting email to the
listserve.

If we are going to go forward with this meeting we need to discuss a  more
concrete date soon. The email indicates March. The date is also crucial in
helping us determine a venue for the meeting, which is suppose to be in the
proximity of Paris.

Can we get an email thread going on on a few potential dates for the meeting
so we have something to present to the venues we are trying to reserve. We
also need to book quite in advance so we need to get a good idea on the
answers to the following questions.

In general in order to get an appropriate venue we need to know:
1) How many people we will be expecting
2) How many days the meeting will be.
3) Whether we will be sleeping people in the venue or finding hosts
4) What we want the venue to have (kitchen, bathrooms, whatever else). This
will also be dependent on if we will be sleeping people in the venue.
5) Are there other meetings/ events we can join or piggy back onto?
6) ANYTHING ELSE???

Hopefully people will start replying to the email which will allow us to get
a better understanding of what the CJA meeting may look like.

Thanks again to all those who have chipped in with helping research a venue
and organizing for the new date of March.

Best,

Julie