[Cja] New groundbreaking report, 'To the Ends of the Earth: a Guide to Unconventional Fossil Fuels

Chris Kitchen chriskitchen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:44:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

Corporate Watch will soon release its new groundbreaking report, 'To
the Ends of the Earth: a Guide to Unconventional Fossil Fuels'.

>From the dangers of fracking to the destructive effects of tar sands
extraction, this guide brings together everything you need to know
about unconventional fossil fuels in one place for the first time. It
gives an in-depth yet accessible analysis of their social and
environmental effects, and includes information on where they are
found, the companies trying to profit from them and the growing
resistance movements against them. The report also contains a unique
'carbon budget' assessment of unconventional fossil fuel production.

We want to spread the research far and wide, to get it used by as many
people as possible. Please get in touch if you can help, particularly
with:

-publicising the report on your website, mailing lists or social media.

-distributing it among your contacts/networks

-contacts for other relevant local, national or international groups

-translations

Also please let is know if you would like Corporate Watch to run a
workshop for you or you have any questions about the report.

Here is some text to use if you want to put something on your website,
newsletter or social media:

"Corporate Watch will soon release its new groundbreaking report, 'To
the Ends of the Earth: a guide to unconventional fossil fuels'.

The endless pursuit of economic growth, coupled with the decline in
conventional energy sources, is driving ever more extreme forms of
energy extraction around the world, with ecologically and socially
devastating consequences.

>From the dangers of fracking to the destructive effects of tar sands
extraction, this guide brings together everything you need to know
about unconventional fossil fuels in one place for the first time. It
gives an in-depth yet accessible analysis of their social and
environmental effects, and includes information on where they are
found, the companies trying to profit from them and the growing
resistance movements against them. The report also contains a unique
'carbon budget' assessment of unconventional fossil fuel production.

Individual factsheets on each of the types of unconventional fossil
fuel will also be available, to get the right information in the right
hands.

For more information email: contact at coporatewatch.org or see the
corporatewatch website: www.corporatewatch.org"

cheers,