[dfs3] response to Durham County Council survey on their climate change strategy

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:58:24 UTC 2014

On 11/08/14 17:16, mark wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Because we are a group with an environmental agenda, I think we ought
> to respond as a group to the council's survey about their climate
> change strategy and delivery plan.
>
> Here is a first draft. In order for this to be a really democratic
> group response please can people comment on it and suggest any changes
> they would like to make by replying to the list before I submit it. If
> you agree with it all, please say so.
>
> You can read the documents at
> http://www.durham.gov.uk/Pages/Service.aspx?ServiceId=7811
>
> I will wait a week for responses.
>
> Mark
>

> ***
>
> 15. What support does your group or business need to help reduce
> carbon emissions and make your organisation more resilient?
>
> Free use of council premises to hold volunteer-run events, free of
> charge to attendees.
>
> ***

Hi Mark,

The only addition that I would suggest is to item 15: ask for access to
premises for events all around the county.

I had a read of the two documents on the council web site. If there is
any follow-up on this questionnaire, I think we should continue to push
the Total Cost Of Ownership angle. Mention the Munich city example where
they took control of their IT planning which allowed them to both reduce
costs and minimise unnecessary spend on hardware.

Barry