[dfs3] Does anyone have a spare DVD burner?

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 20:36:32 UTC 2014

On 20/07/14 18:11, David Walland wrote:
> Barry,
>
> If you can wait a bit I think I have an old one that was working when
> I pulled it.  Freebie only.
>
> I'm back in the UK on the 28th and will poke around asap after that.
>
> Sent from my mobile as I've taken one prog too many off my Linux
> laptop!!!  Eek!!
>
> Regards
>
> David
>
> On Sunday, 20 July 2014, Barry Titterton <titterton.barry at gmail.com
> <mailto:titterton.barry at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to swap the DVD player in my desk top PC for a DVD
> burner. Does anyone have a spare DVD burner in their bits box that
> they would be willing to sell to me? It needs to have an IDE connection.
> > Regards,
> > Barry T

Thanks David. I shall arrange to meet up with you when you get back into
the country.

PS. I have fixed my son's laptop. I managed to get a replacement
motherboard off Ebay for only £33. I fitted it this morning and the
machine is now running Mint 17 64bit Cinnamon. Result!
I still have the old broken motherboard so you are welcome to use it for
practice on your repair workstation.

Barry