[Dissent-bristol-info] Co-ordination meeting for Dissent info group needed?

Paul M tallpaul at ml1.net
Thu Nov 4 17:20:30 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:14, MH wrote:

> What do you think? What about a date - always tricky
> to find a date/time that suits all, so how about Mon
> 15th or Tues 16th November, at 6pm, at either Kebele,
> or the more central 'Here' shop on Stokes Croft (where
> Sofia is involved), for a mx of 2 hours. Let's use the
> list to agree, but note Sofia is away til maybe 9 or
> 10 Nov.

I would prefer the 16th as the 15th clashes with another meeting I was
planning on attending, but I can do the 15th if needs be.

> 7. TallP (on list) - set up the list, not sure if
> working on anything specific?

I'm starting some research on the G8 decision making process. I am also
thinking of producing some theory/political analysis that sees the
common thread that links the G8 with, say, Starbucks, as the central
tendency within contemporary capitalism to reduce everything to its
monetary value, and ensure its unimpeded flow. From this follows the
need to countervail this with a politics/the production of value from
below.  I can talk more about this when we discuss our political
position.

Paul M
--
"Email attachments are bad. Actually any attachment
in life is bad, but that's a topic for another time."