[Dissent-bristol-info] first thoughts on climate change

John Mayford john at avoncda.coop
Tue Oct 26 16:40:21 BST 2004

Hang fire Autonomous!

The Kyoto protocol is an UN initative on the recommendations
of the International Panel on Climate Change: it doesn't make it
automaticly bad tho! The climate is burning up and this particilar
protocol is against the interest of the Coporates ...particularly
the Oil, Car and road lobby so yes lets make it clear that it is the UN
and examine it on its own merits not throw it out on priciples:
I think that environmental activism and scientific observation alot
to do with the protocol: the reality that we will all be fucked if
if a consumer economy run on fossils fuels continues unchecked and expanding
into China, India.

Also re the negative thing:

I think the responsability is to do what we can do in our lives and fuck the USA: just
you as earn or spend your money or the climate change issue. With Climate Change
how electricity is generated is a bigger cause than transport but in the UK we are a phonecall
away from UNITE who supply 100% of their electricity through renewables and other suppliers
have Green Tarrif schemes.
In terms of transport Biodeisal is up to 90 % carbon neutral and can be used on Mercedes, Peugots and deisal
engines can be modified to accept biodeisal
Then Car Share Schemes and cycling in cities ect
I think in this way we can give people a sense of power in our own actions rather than helpness