[Dissent-bristol-info] how I'm doing

John Mayford john at avoncda.coop
Thu Oct 28 16:13:04 BST 2004

Good Word Sofia - Nice 1

-----Original Message-----
From: Sofia Gradin [mailto:sofia_gradin at rocketmail.com]
Sent: 28 October 2004 15:38
To: Bristol Dissent Research & Info
Subject: [Dissent-bristol-info] how I'm doing

Hey!

I'm sorry I didn't come to the meeting on Tuesday, my
life is really hectic right now. On top of this I'm
going away for ten days, but I'll do my best to catch
up.

I've been working on short texts that introduce and
explain these institutions: the IMF, World Bank and
the WTO. I'm not finished with either one yet, but I'm
getting there. I just want to make sure I do a good
job, which takes time. The texts will introduce the
insitution in question and explain what they do and
why. How they are run and by whom, and what this does
to the global economic and political situation. I've
been trying to link it to the G8 as much as possible.

My sources so far have been encyclopedias like
Wikipedia, some anti capitalist web pages, some pages
of groups or think tanks that work with analysing the
IMF, World Bank and WTO - and also I've taken a look
at the official web sites of the institutions
themselves (which I've found to be VERY
hypocritical...).

I'm working as quick as I can! I'll get back to you
soon with the first drafts of the texts!

Hope you're all well and take care,
/Sofia

PS. I read somewhere that Britain has now decided to
cancel all their owed debts from Heavily Indebted Poor
Countries completely! Is the person who's writing
about debt cancellation writing about this? It's great
for us in terms of convincing people we're right,
since that means we have the government on our side!
If Britain is doing it, then why not the rest of the
G8??