[Dissent-bristol-info] Re: No borders/asylum presentation

auto_gnome at riseup.net auto_gnome at riseup.net
Fri Feb 18 00:29:24 GMT 2005

Hi William & all

> 1.
> this is from the colombia solidarity list: "I am pleased to confirm
> that Josh will take part in the workshop for the Dissent group on the
> 9th of April. He will talk about what happened [re: lina and miguel],
> how the campaign was set up and run, and answer any questions people
> might have."

> further, at the last meeting geoff, who is doing a PhD on the theme,
> said he would be happy to run the workshop based around the 'No
> Borders' theme. I am waiting for a confirmed reply, but should be
> fine.

Just to clarify - these 2 issues are combined in one 45 minute
presentation after lunch (one of the four presentations proposed). It's
great that Geoff & Josh will do their thang, cheers for that. My original
thinking was that someone speak on the issue of 'no borders' ie free
movement of people, and this is then backed up by (Josh's) account of what
happens under the current system vis a vis the horrific treatment of Lina
& Miguel. There is a No Borders network (see http://www.noborder.org/) but
I couldn't find any contacts in the area - but clearly Geoff will know his
stuff!

A snappy name for the presentation would be good, how about: "No borders =
no asylum seekers" ?
Does that make sense William? we can talk on Tuesday.
AG