[Dissent-fr-info] NATO Welcoming Committee website live - Nov 13th day of action - Edinburg

Dissent! France Info Newsletter dissent-fr-info at lists.aktivix.org
Sat Sep 12 15:44:52 BST 2009

http://natowc.noflag.org.uk

In November the NATO Parliamentary Assembly will meet in Edinburgh. As
anti-militarists we aim to shut it down.

We are calling for a mass demo to try and shut down NATO on Friday the
13th of November, the first day of the assembly.

The NATO Welcoming Committee will provide a convergence space for
activists to converge and stay in throughout the Assembly, as well as
providing food, medical services in terms of street medics and a
well-stocked medics space, legal support through the Scottish Activist
Legal Project, trauma support and other forms of support to activists.
The NATO Welcoming Committee has signed up to the AMN’s principles.
These are:

   * We embrace a diversity of tactics
   * We will not publicly condemn other peoples actions
   * We have a respect for life

See you on the streets!