[Dissent-fr-info] All the inof you need for this Saturday, no matter where you are

Dissent! France Info Newsletter dissent-fr-info at lists.aktivix.org
Fri Mar 25 00:29:24 UTC 2011

Fwd: [networkx]

This Saturday - No more bull, it’s time for an Alternative- read this
wherever you will be.

The big march - you can do something even if you’re not coming, but if you
can come then beg, borrow and steal to get there!
Please take time to check through this info (half hour or so) and prepare
yourself for what may be one of the defining moments of this decade.

Also check networkxuk.wordpress.com for guides on what to bring and how to look
after yourself under SUPPORT GROUPS and then check the headings briefings and
resources - though everything there is useful (like why be against the cuts).

Remember, these cuts are not necessary. They are, like the system itself, made
to impoverish the majority and destroy our planet, whilst the minority get
rich.  We have to stand together to say no more.

1. The March for the Alternative
2. Support the March wherever you are

SATURDAY 26 MARCH

1. The March for the Alternative

If you're not sorted for transport to London, it's hopefully not too late,
there's a big long list of buses running (there may be spaces left) at the
False Economy website http://falseeconomy.org.uk/themarch (click the map).

Whatever happens, bust a gut to get there. This will undoubtedly be the biggest
protest since the anti-war protest on 15 February 2003. And this is not simply
a march.

• Here is the official planned route of the march:
http://marchforthealternative.org.uk/march-logistics/locations/

• UK Uncut plan for the day:
2PM – UK Uncut groups from across the country will target banks and shops on
Oxford Street. 3.30PM – UK Uncut will announce and occupy a secret target –
and aim to stay for as long as possible. For more info about the UK Uncut plans
check out:
http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/

• Occupations
There are various calls for areas of London to be occupied during and after the
protest. It is worth having a good look at what is on offer and deciding with
your friends what you want to get involved in.

There are plans to occupy Parliament Square, Trafalgar Square and Hyde Park
(http://www.resist26.org/). UKuncut are planning to occupy Oxford Street
(http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/blog/occupy-for-the-alternative) at the end of the
protest.
More information about staying the night in Hyde Park:
http://artsagainstcuts.wordpress.com/2011/03/13/why-hyde-park/

• If you want to get involved with supporting the demonstration (legal,
medics, kitchens, etc.) visit: http://greenandblackcross.org/

-	Possible target points

A useful, if tad overwhelming map of potential targets for the march.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=209900209959367986363.00049c2d71d7e52cff809&ll=51.520707%2C-0.146942&spn=0.069856%2C0.220757&z=12

-	Poilce action for march

Here is a map of what the police intend to do on the march and what areas they
may shut down.
http://artsagainstcuts.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/met-tuc-march.jpg

Feeder marches
There are 'unofficial' feeder marches happening from places around London:

>From MALET STREET, WC1 (nr tubes Russell Square, Euston and Goodge Street)
Student feeder march, assemble 10am
http://sn142w.snt142.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?n=886491536

>From KENNINGTON PARK SE11 (nr tubes Oval and Kennington) South London feeder
march, assemble 10.30am
http://lambethsaveourservices.org/2011/03/12/marching-the-26th-join-the-south-london-feeder-march/

>From THE CITY, the dissent feeder march, assembly tba, follow @riseupeast for
last minute details.

>From LINCOLN'S INN FIELDS, (nr tube Holborn and Temple) Camden groups feeder
march assemble 11am

The official march is from EMBANKMENT (nr tube Embankment, Temple, Charing
Cross) assemble at 11am

Be aware, such are the numbers expected mobile phone coverage may be disrupted,
crowds will be hard to walk through, meeting points may be hard to reach. Plan
wisely.

Tweeting the day
Use hash tags: &#150 #March26 #whyiammarching #demo11
Follow: @globaliseresist, @march26tahrir, @sukey, @6billionways, and more,
don't limit your sources of info

“””
Fuck Off Ed Miliband!
Location: TUC rally Hyde Park
Time: ‎1:00AM Saturday, March 26th
Pretty simple stuff, if you see Ed Miliband tell him to fuck off. He’s
definitely part of the problem, not part of the solution.

2. SUPPORT THE MARCH FROM WHEREVER YOU ARE

If you can't make the big march on 26th March, here is an alternative way of
making your views known.
Armchair Army (Virtual march 26th March 2011)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146591818737668&ap=1

YOU can add real and massive support to the march by BOMBARDING news/media with
your letters and messages of support.
BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, Sky News.
Newspapers. Links provided.

MARCH ONLINE WITH THOSE ON THE STREETS ON 26TH MARCH

We'll also be Trolling Tories on the day for those that can't make it - sign up
at: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173026406078054

It's come to our attention that a particularly parasitic breed of vermin has
infested the House of Commons and many local council offices. With this in mind
we urge people to contact your local council's pest control service and call on
their help to eradicate this menace. Westminster Council run a freephone pest
control line on 0800 358 0514.
Alternatively you can report this outbreak on: pestcontrol at westminster.gov.uk -
don't forget to send a copy of your message to your local MP or councillor to
make sure they get the message.
Once that's done it's back to trolling tories and their lib dem lackies for all
they are worth (which admittedly isn't very much).
Facebookers might want to pay a visit to the facebook pages of David Cameron,
Nick Clegg or Vince Cable. The Daily Mail, Telegraph, Daily Express, The Sun
and pro-government website Guido Fawkes are also keen to hear your views.
The websites Conservative Home, and conservatives.com also have the facility to
leave comments.
You can find a list of Tory bloggers at:
http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2010/09/top-100-conservative-blogs.html
Lib Dem slime can be found at:
http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-75-lib-dem-blogs-the-total-politics-list-15984.html
For live links to all the above sites visit:
http://benefitclaimantsfightback.wordpress.com/2011/03/13/national-troll-a-tory-day-3-and-rat-on-a-rat/
Finally it would be rude to leave out corporate leeches Atos Origin. Remember
folks, everyday is Troll Atos Day:
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2011/01/472859.html